Wednesday 29 July 2009

Heidfeld: BMW's decision was 'totally unexpected'

Nick Heidfeld has expressed his surprise at BMW’s decision to withdraw from Formula One racing at the end of the season. Heidfeld has driven for the BMW Sauber team since their first year as a works entry in 2006.

“BMW's decision to no longer compete in Formula One was totally unexpected,” the 32 year-old said on his official website. “I feel very sorry for the members of the team with whom it has been my privilege to work with over the years. I would like to thank all of them for their tremendous support and for everything we have achieved together.”

The German is now focused on helping the team enjoy a positive end to the season, and finding a Formula One race drive for himself for the 2010 season.

“I'm not going to lose sight of my ambition to reach the top in Formula One,” he added. “I'll be doing my best to support the team and ensure that we get the best possible finish to the season. As far as my personal future is concerned, we'll now be continuing discussions under these changed circumstances.”

No comments: