Monday 7 December 2009

Williams,Jerez Test Summary

: Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. 4.423km
Objective: Young driver test with Nico Hulkenberg and Andy Soucek
Weather: Mixed – cloudy, wet and sunny.
Average ambient temperature: 17°C

N Hulkenberg:
Total Days: 2, Total KMS: 884.6kms, Best Overall Time: 1:19.184
A Soucek:
Total Days: 1, Total KMS: 384.801kms, Best Overall Time: 1:19.158

Sam Michael, Technical Director, Williams F1:
“This week was all about giving young drivers a shot in the car. We spent the time evaluating Andy Soucek, who did a superb job on day one and really showed he can handle a Formula One car. Nico Hulkenberg took over for days two and three and worked on set-up with the high fuel loads we will be racing next season.”


Nico Hulkenberg:
“We’ve had two positive days at Jerez. It was good for me to get back in the car and get some laps in before next year. I covered a lot of mileage, which I was pleased about, and I got used to driving the F1 car quite quickly, which I wasn’t really expecting as it’s been quite a long time since my last outing. The car felt good and we fitted in a lot of set-up work, so I’m happy with the two days.”


Andy Soucek:
“Tuesday was a perfect day, a dream day. I thought I was near the front, but I never expected to finish at the top of the times. I’m very proud of myself but I also have to thank Williams for this opportunity. I still can’t believe I’ve just had my first Formula One test, it feels like a dream! This has been an amazing year for me and I think I deserve a seat in Formula One next year. I’m doing everything I can to secure a drive, and I think my performance this week will help with that objective.”

No comments: